Thursday, December 7, 2006

Finally, its DONE!

Finally, the blog that I've been secretly dreaming about is coming to life. This "project" sure took it's own sweet time to take shape. Many of you might think - "why am I only getting hooked onto this craze of blogging when 60 million others have been blogging since 2003, and some have even made millions out of it". Damn! I should have started then.. would have been a millionaire by now . *grins*

Well, all I have to say is, it's better now than never! 3 years from now, there might be others just like me - sitting in front of his/her laptop starting up a brand new blog.

Maybe I should try to redeem myself - being a self-declared "techie", many would have thought that I should have been a seasoned blogger by now with a fanciful blogsite comprising of the latest hacks. Sigh. Life's a bitch when you envisage yourself to be a high-flyer straight after university. In Singapore (where I came from), to be a high-flyer, you need to put in the hours! And by the hours, I mean, dedicating at least 15 hours a day to work. Sometimes, that might not even be sufficient. To succeed faster than your peers, you have to be "visible" in the company, by demonstrating your leadership skills outside of work. This would mean that you would need to take part in Work Extra Curricular Activities(ECA) like organizing outdoor activities for staff, company annual dinners, and parties. More often than not, these ECAs will take up most of the weekends (if you're not already bogged down by work that spilt over from the weekdays).

Well, that's all in the past now that I've moved to the United Kingdom - Aberdeen to be exact, and that I've decided to take a break from work to live life the way life is meant to be lived.


Just so you know, this blog was in the works for couple of weeks. Took a lot of pain to re-code a 3 column template from Blogger to Blogger Beta. Thank God for the 2 most wonderful Blogger experts I found - Hans and Ramani.
Without them, you would probably just see a blog with the same old common 2 column template and default Blogger Template styles.

Haven't really decided on what specific topics I should blog about. There are so many things that I would love to write about. But, what matters most is what my readers would like to read about. I will set up a poll soon for you to cast your votes on the topics that you would love to read about.

Alrighty, I'm gonna sign off for now. Thanks for patronizing my blog. Do check back in soon.

Ciao~

0 Comments:

Creative Commons License
Copyright © 2006 http://prettybits.blogspot.com. All rights reserved.